Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Lace Front Sweater from Lingerie Style

This is the Lace Front Sweater from the book 'Knitting Lingerie Style' by Joan McGowan-Michael. I used Elann's 'Mr. Joe Blanket' (in lilac, I think), a sport weight yarn with stretch. I love the stretch...the yarn is super soft and the fit is perfect because the stretch keeps it from bagging at the elbows or anything like that. Another thing I really like about this sweater is the neckline. I was thinking about making it as a pullover...eliminating the split at the front...it would be, I think, the most comfortable v-neck pullover for winter.
It was really hard to get good pictures...I'm not much of a self-photographer, lol! I'm trying to get pictures of all my recent finished projects up.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nell said...

It looks lovely! Great colour choice, but what an odd name for a yarn. I'm glad to see people knitting from this book, I just love it!!

Kristy said...

Beautiful color! You know, I saw this pattern and it was ok in the book, but your fab FO really makes me want to knit this! Off to Elann to look for yarn now....

Great job!